Millikin Way Interchange
The Millikin Way Interchange will open more than 700 acres in Liberty Township for commercial development along the I-75 corridor. The proposed interchange is a critical strategy to support the community's growth and encourage economic development within Liberty Township. The goal of the interchange is to alleviate traffic congestion as the community grows, improve safety, support development, increase job opportunities and diversify the community's tax base.
In 2009, the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT) District 8 confirmed there is adequate spacing (more than 2 miles) between adjacent interchanges at Liberty Way (south) and State Route 63 (north). Since then, Millikin Way Interchange has been added to two important regional planning documents.
- Butler County Thoroughfare Plan (adopted in 2007 and updated in 2017).
- Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments' 2040 Regional Transportation Plan.
- The Millikin Way Interchange area is an important and growing corridor for public travel, commerce, and development in southwest Ohio. It provides regional connectivity across I-75 between Butler and Warren Counties.
- With only 18% of land in Liberty Township designated for commercial development, encouraging development along existing transportation corridors like I-75, SR 747, and SR 4 is logical.
- The land planned for commercial development along I-75 will be difficult to achieve without significantly improving access to it. The local road network is limited and an interchange at I-75 and Millikin is necessary in order to open the land for commercial development.
- The population growth in the Millikin Way Interchange area has contributed to significant residential and commercial development in Liberty Township and in the surrounding areas of Monroe, Deerfield, and Turtlecreek townships. Proposed improvements at I-75 & Millikin Road will improve access for drivers along local roadways in this area.
- Millikin Way Interchange Vision graphic
- Millikin Way Interchange Regional Map
- ODOT Development Process. The project is currently in the Preliminary Engineering Phase.
- Comprehensive Vision Plan. The Millikin Way Interchange has been part of Liberty Township's vision since the community's 2006 Vision Plan.
- Liberty Township Land Use Plan @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>