Upcoming Zoning Hearings
When & where are Zoning Hearings?
- Board of Trustees: 6:00 p.m. on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of each month.
- Zoning Commission: 6:00 p.m. on the 3rd Monday of each month.
- Board of Zoning Appeals: 6:00 p.m. on the 2nd Tuesday of each month.
Zoning Hearing Signs
The Liberty Township Planning & Zoning Department places a zoning hearing notification sign (shown to the right) on each property that is subject to a zoning hearing approximately a week prior to the scheduled meeting as a courtesy to nearby residents and businesses. The sign indicates that the property is subject to a public hearing before either the Board of Zoning Appeals or the Zoning Commission. Please see the list of upcoming cases below to verify the request for the property in which the sign is located. If you have additional questions regarding the case, please contact the Planning & Zoning Department at 513-759-7508.
Board of Zoning Appeals - November 10, 2020
- BZA20-012: Ryan White is requesting to amend a condition on a previous Notice of Decision BZA19-003 to eliminate the sidewalk along both road frontages. The subject property is located 5962 Hamilton Mason Road, Parcel ID# D2010-025.000-052 & D2010-021.000-072. Denied with Conditions
- BZA20-014: Doug and Jennifer Middendorf are requesting variances under Section 4.12.5(3)(a) and Table 4.12-B of the Liberty Township Zoning Resolution for an accessory structure that exceeds maximum 600 Sq.Ft. on a .948-acre lot; and a variance under Section 4.12.4(1) and Table 4.12-A to allow an accessory structure to be located in the side yard of the subject property. The subject property is located at 4633 Old Kyles Station Road, Parcel ID# D2010-007.000-049. Withdrawn by Applicant
- BZA20-015: David Clark is requesting a variance under Section 8.4.2 and Tables 8.4-A & B of the Liberty Township Zoning Resolution to reduce the Lot Perimeter Buffer along the south property line from 10 feet to 6 feet. The subject property is located at 5310 Newtown Road #101, Parcel ID# D2020-008.000-070. Denied
- BZA20-016: Steve Von Bargen, Butler Tech Public Safety Campus, is requesting a variance under Section 6.3.2(1) of the Liberty Township Zoning Resolution to install parking lot lighting that is not directed down; a variance under Section 6.3.3(3) and Table 6.3-A to increase the height of the light fixtures to 33 feet exceeding the 18 foot maximum height requirement; and, a variance under Section 6.3.3(4) and Table 6.3-B to exceed the maximum level of illumination on a site. The subject property is located 5140 Princeton Glendale Road, Parcel ID# D2010-004.000-052. Approved with Conditions
Zoning Commission - November 16, 2020
ZC19-013: Applicant – Liberty Township Board of Trustees is requesting a review of the Draft 2020 Liberty Township Comprehensive Plan, Liberty Township, Butler County, Ohio.